Condition Based Maintenance (CBM)
CBM method represents the new international philosophy in applied maintenance. By utilizing various diagnostic and prognostic technologies, CBM method offers the potential to monitor the actual condition of a piece of equipment in real-time basis, without disrupting its operation, and perform the proper maintenance only when it is actually needed and at the most favorable time.
Our company has the ability to install permanent condition monitoring equipment on critical machinery for real-time applications.
The technologies utilized for the implementation of the CBM method are:
Monitoring of the vibrations produced during the operation of rotating machineries is a reliable method for the diagnosis of failures in mechanical engineering applications. The technique is based on the fact that each machine element produces specific vibrations at specific characteristic frequencies. With the necessary expertise, the analysis of the vibration spectrum allows the assessment of the machine condition.
The analysis of lubricating oil, by using chemical and spectroscopic examination, also applies supplementary as a diagnostic tool when problems are detected by the results of vibration analysis
Thermal imaging technology by using digital thermal camera is applied supplementary as a diagnostic tool when problems are detected by the results of vibration analysis.
Ultrasonic analysis detects problems at high frequencies, where the method of vibration analysis is not applicable.
The simulation of deflection is performed by using specialized software and it is based on the process of diverting the machine incremental masses from their position. The simulation displays the overall oscillation of the machine in space under specific operating conditions, enabling the identification of the vibrations source and the calculation of the forces acting on it.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
CBM can be applied to all rotating machines, whether operating independently, or being a part of a series of mass production machinery, such as:
- AC/DC electric motors
- Gas turbines
- Wind generators
- Shaft systems
- Steam turbines
- Shutdown of the machines is not required.
- Creates a data base for the machinery operating condition.
- Non-destructive testing.
- Maintains optimum availability.
- Offers risk management of unexpected failure.
- Increases performance and reliability.
- Reduces secondary failures.
- Reduces maintenance cost (70% -90%).
- Reduces repair cost (70% -90%).
- Reduces the reserves of spare parts.
- Prolongs the life of machinery.
- Increases the reliability of the installation.
- Increases the health and safety of personnel.
- Indicates how to avoid future damage.
Use of specialized transformations of digital signal for analyzing / solving complex problems.
With predictive maintenance, we can identify defects such as:
- Failure of rolling and sliding bearings
- Shaft bending or distortion
- Improper installation of bearings
- Internal loosening of components
- Loosening of support between machine and base
- Motor electric problems
- Abnormal flow in pumps (turbulence, cavitation)